Guest Posting on Sher She Goes
Thanks for your interest in writing for Sher She Goes! We are happy to accept guest post submissions and have outlined our writing guidelines below. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Types of Articles We’re Looking For:
- Best Things to Do In X
- Where to Stay / Neighborhood Guides in X
- Day Trips from X
- Packing Lists & Style Content
- Inspirational Photo Essays like Best Places to Visit in X
- Insider content from a Local’s Perspective
- Travel Tips if you’re an expert at nabbing low fares / upgraded rooms / deals
If you’re interested in writing for us, please email us with your proposed article topic, title and tentative submission date. If you have examples of past guest posts or past articles you’ve written – great! We’d love to see.
Once we’ve accepted your pitch, here is what we look for in all submissions:
Sher She Goes – Writer Guidelines
- Long form content (1,000 – 3,000 words) that will completely answer a reader’s questions about that particular topic
- Original content only – please no submissions that you’ve previously written about on your site or elsewhere. Include pre travel sections, with short paragraphs introducing the area and sharing: when to go, where to stay, fun facts about the place.
- High resolution photos, ideally 1 photo per activity. If you don’t have high resolution imagery, please let us know in advance. We can source stock or might have our own photos to supplement
- Please do keyword research and write for a native English speaker.
We can send examples of article formats to give you an idea of what we look for and routinely publish.
- Photos should be 1500px wide and can be sent via dropbox link, wetransfer or as email attachments
- Please submit articles in a word doc and email to email@example.com with subject “Guest Post”
** If articles have grammatical and spelling errors, insufficient SEO work or do not adhere to the writing guidelines, we reserve the right not to publish. **
** If articles require extensive editing, we may ask you to edit before publishing. **
We may make edits to your article for grammar or flow and add advertising or affiliate links if relevant. We are well versed in keyword research so we often edit articles to have a higher chance to rank well in Google – this results in more people reading your article and is a win for both of us!
How will you benefit?
- New Audiences & Exposure: The blog posts you write will bring you exposure to your own blog. We have 200k+ monthly uniques and growing.
- High DA backlinks: We provide 1 link to your blog in the author bio as well as 1 contextual link to a relevant article from your site (2 do follow links total, but no commercial links).
- Social Shares: We’ll share your article on Facebook and Twitter with a tag to your page/profile.
- Sponsored Experiences: You are welcome to write about sponsored experiences so long as they fit in the subject guidelines and with our approval in advance. This is a great way to add extra weight to your pitch when contact hotels and tourism boards. We do add disclosures for all sponsored coverage and do not provide links for the sponsor advertiser.
- Timeliness: We respect your contribution and strive to publish posts within 2 weeks of submission, assuming all guidelines are met.
- Paid Writer Positions: If we love your article, we will contract you for paid articles on an ongoing basis!